I love making pavlovas. They are like eating sweetened air. I love topping them with lemon curd—the sweet and the sour together is perfect! This pavlova recipe is a charming way to finish a brunch!
Cherry & Lemon Curd Pavlovas
- 4 large egg whites
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- drop of vanilla extract
- 1 jar lemon curd
- 30 cherries, some pitted and some whole
- fresh thyme
1. Preheat oven to 190°F.
2. Use a mixer and beat egg whites and salt for a minute.
3. Add sugar and beat another minute.
4. Add corn starch, vinegar, and vanilla and beat another 30 seconds.
5. Make “clouds” on 2 baking trays covered with parchment paper.
6. Make a little “bowl” in the middle of each.
7. Bake for 1½ hours, turn off the heat, and leave them in there for another hour.
8. Take them out and place on a tray or plates.
9. Top with lemon curd, cherries, and fresh thyme.